Melissa Heston, Certified Personal Trainer, Heart Zones Certified Trainer, BFA & MFA in Dance.
Melissa loves to move and loves to teach people how to move better.
Melissa’s philosophy on fitness is to support what you enjoy doing in your life. As a professionally trained dancer and athlete she exhibits a wide range of knowledge on body alignment, strength building, flexibility, and balance as well as injury prevention and care. Melissa is a patient and challenging coach and has worked with males and females of all ages (11-90+) and abilities (sedentary individuals to seasoned athletes). She has experience working with individuals with joint injuries and ailments, knee, shoulder and hip replacement pre- and post-op rehab, transitional periods in life, heart issues such as high blood pressure, stress, pre- & post-op cardiac rehab, osteopenia and osteoporosis, Parkinson’s, MS, and many other physical challenges. Melissa is an advanced certified personal trainer, and Level 2 Heart Zones(™) personal trainer.
Melissa is a movement specialist, a performing artist of dance and theatre, an athlete, and enjoys almost any outdoor activity. She was a private club and collegiate level gymnast winning honors at the state and regional level for individual all-around and team championships. She has performed and taught dance at several colleges and universities locally and around the country. Currently she enjoys performing dance and theatre, and competing in triathlons and cycling events for Team Dayton Cycling – www.teamdaytoncycling.com.
3600 Private Training Studio
Personalized workouts for general & functional fitness, sports specific, dancer/performer specific, & body weight management, stress reduction.
Body Training to build cardiovascular fitness, muscular strength, muscular endurance, flexibility, and balance.
Specializing in establishing and maintaining physical conditioning work with clients of all ages, post-physical therapy and in conjunction with doctors, therapists, body workers, and massage therapists.
Training Sessions Offer
- Pilates & yoga-integrated matwork, ballwork, weights and reformer/trap table
- Hand & free weights, and resistance work with balls, bands, and bodies
- Cardio work including biking, walking, hiking, swimming, dancing, Tae Bo/Kickboxing, or your own preference
- Stress reduction utilizing yoga and restorative yoga methods
- Experienced and motivated coach, great for one-on-one personal training, small or large groups
- Clean & open space, with bamboo wood floors, natural lighting with ventilation
- Comfortable and private environment with temperature, light & sound control
- Private bathrooms
- Convenient downtown location, close to bike path and Glen Helen